Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Eat Less; Exercis More...Duh

So that's the advice I have gotten from my parents to help me lose weight...very encouraging. So I did it...I joined weight watchers...everybody's doin' it. (And yes, when everyone else jumps off the bridge I will to; no sense living on this earth by myself)

I joined weight watchers on Thursday and have lost 1.5 lbs so far, not bad for less than a week. I was feeling hungry and depressed last night, and my DH's suggestions for getting more food on less points was NOT helping. So this morning I got up with DS and we went to the grocery store to get some foods I could eat and we found the jack pot...Little lemon cakes that are delish, and only 1 point! We also found ice cream bars and frozen dinners.

One of the hardest things so far has been dinner time. I'm not settled enough to be able to eat what the rest of my family is eating so I have to make two dinners which again depresses me, but no more, with my new frozen meals! I also have been snacking more than sitting down for meals and I know I will have to sort through that, but for now I want to lose some weight to keep my enthusiasm up.

I did invent one thing that I like a lot...a piece of low fat string cheese wrapped in thinly sliced turkey. It is 1 point and sooooo good, and filling. My friend said she takes a fat free tortilla and spreads sugar free jelly on it and that's good too (I tried it and I concur it is yummy).

So does anyone have any other yummy suggestions to get me through the day?

4 comments:

Robyn said...

It must be in the air, because I joined WW online again this morning. I was tired of being depressed. They are fairly pricey, but Vitamuffins are awesome. The vitatops are 1 point and very filling. You have to buy them online though at vitalicious.com Come to me for anything.

keri said...

well i have been contemplating doing WW again since a year ago i lost about 8 lbs and have gained it all back since. rusty keeps asking to do WW again....

did you join online? there are gobs of recipes online that give the specific point value...make these meals so you don't have to make 2 at nite! i have also bought the WW ice cream bars (yummy, 2 pts) and i like the little mini caramel rice cakes that kroger makes as a snack. popcorn is another good low point snack.

hang in there...it really does work if you stick with it!! its hard at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

(i also tried the vitamuffins that robyn mentioned...they are good)

Michelle said...

I agree with Robyn, it must be in the air...I didn't join WW but started 1st Place at my church. I have done horridly and can't seem to must the committment as we had dh's 40th Bday 2 weekends ago (bday cake all around!) and we were out of town this past weekend.

YOU go girl! Sounds like you are doing just GREAT!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm right there with all of you-I have never joined but my mom has given me her old stuff when she recently re-joined. You can do it, Sara! We can all help one another!