
I don't know how these two pictures will show up when I publish, but that's half the fun right? Okay, I am in the Gwinnett County Consignment Sale coming up in a couple of weeks. www.kidsignments.com Melissa sent me a link a couple of months ago, and when I saw they were still accepting sellers I applied (we have tried to sell at the Sugar Hill Methodist Consignment before, but it never panned out) and got a spot.
The real reason for selling at these sales is that you get to go in on preview night and shop before anyone else. I know this won't be as thilling to everyone as it is to me, but I'm sure there are enough of you out there to appreciate it! I wasn't nearly as excited before I saw the pictures they had posted on their site...this is like the toy mecca for thrifty mommies. The car picture has rows and rows and rows of cars...I couldn't believe my eyes.
Now for the stinky part...Selling my stuff. First you have to dig everything out, sort it by size, then sort the sizes by prices. This is exhausting. Then you have to safety pin all of the outfits that have matching pieces together and pin them to the hangers (which you supply). Now you have to print out the tags, but only one copy since you will be taking them to the local office store and having them reprinted onto cardstock (so they hold up to busy shopping). Now take your printed price tags and cut them out, match them up with the clothes, and pin them on.
So far I have...SORTED...yes that's right sorted (most of) the clothes. I am going tonight to print off my tags and then will have a cut fest after the kids go to bed. And I am still after hangers, but I know it will all be worth it when I get to have uninhibited shopping (the early pass only allows you-no children-no husbands-no grandparents) in the toy mecca! READY, SET...TAG!!!


4 comments:
LOL...I know the seller's real motivation! Our school always had (until last year when we didn't have someone brave enough to head up the committee) a Kids Stuff Sale in the fall and spring. It is a huge fund raiser but tons and tons of work...for the organizers and sellers! I used to keep a running box of "for the kids stuff sale" items.
i know how much work it is...i can be exhausting. but i'm with ya on the pre-sale...it's so much better to go before its open to the public. i LOVE consignment sales. i get so excited bringing home all the great deals i find.
I'm about to start getting all my suff ready to sell as well-but of course I have to wait until the last minute!
I have always wanted to sell in a consignment sale for the same reason. . .the pre-sale. I would be in heaven because I LOVE consigment sales and I always find great things. An added bonus, no kids or husbands!
Happy hunting!!
Post a Comment