
Saturday evening I went with a few friends from church to a benefit at Chateau Elan for Dare to Share. There was a silent auction, a live auction, a band, free drinks and fabulous food. Above is a picture of the dress I wore (before I had my hair and makeup done) Cindy is the only one with a picture of all of us done up and getting ready to leave...so I will post that later.
We all met at Jeannie's house to get ready-where we swapped shoes, bags, dresses and makeup. Took turns fluffing eachothers hair and were pretty much a bunch of girls playing dress up.
We all had such a good time at the party we didn't meet everyone there but saw the names of famous people on the silent auction sign up sheets. The food was great we had wine, bread, the best salad ever-strawberries, goat cheese, pecans and a fantastic dressing. There was steak and snapper served with asparagus and those of you that know me know I love asparagus like life-no joke. The desert was a custard with berries on top...delicious! and of course coffee. Carey and I went out to visit the cheese table and it was to die for-of course I could live on cheese alone. Then during the fashion show I was talking (which I tend to do with my hands) and knocked my drink over, but let me tell you this was ingenious! I had like two sips left maybe, but the server came over and poured me a whole new glass. The drinks were only free from 6-7 and you got one free one with dinner so I was scoring with this drink spilling. Carey thought it was so great she considered tipping her glass over too! I got home about 11 and crashed on the couch while my DH finished up his show and then we crawled into bed-It was such a party night that I couldn't get up for church the next morning...We'll just call it my quiet time!


6 comments:
I thought I missed you on Sunday morning! You looked beautiful-glad you gals had such a great time!
Hi Sarah,
Dani gave me the link to your blog. I have had fun reading it. You look beautiful in your evening gown.
I'll probably see you at church on Sunday. We are coming for a visit.
Claire Weaver
You looked lovely! It sounds like a fabulous night.
i can't believe i missed out on all the fun!!! jeannie called to invite me but we were out of town this weekend. you looked fabulous. sounds like you drank enough for me too :)
Wow - you clean up good! I never doubted it!
Melissa
You looked great. Quite time, you need it every once in a while. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment