Tuesday, July 25, 2006

SAHM I AM

After many suggestions I purchased a used copy of SAHM I AM from Amazon; I received it in the mail this afternoon and started reading. I have to say that I like it and I don't. In some ways it makes me feel really bad; I don't like the tension between the moderator and the women in the green eggs and ham sub-group. They explain their reason for staying is to be there for the moderator if/when everything comes crashing down on this women and because you don't leave over a few personality differences. But this woman is so unpleasant and upsetting to me...I wonder if this is because I see some of myself in her, you know like the saying what you dislike the most in others is what you really don't like about yourself.
I have also been having an increadibly fat day...I have been having fat days in general lately but this one seemed a little more hard hitting. As I was reading the book one of the women commented on going to the OB and being told she was ten pounds over her pretwin weight and her cholesterol was bad. I am 30 pounds over my pre-Tyler weight and 20 over my pre-Jackson weight. So I felt even worse after reading about this woman that is a terrible 10 pounds over when I weigh more than my husband. There have been a couple other instances recently that have compounded the fat issue...a child in my CG asked me if I was pregnant on Sunday, and then the next evening a woman from church told me I was beautiful for a large woman. I never thought of myself as a large woman before, but I think perhaps that was my wake up call. I think I may suffer from the opposite of anorexia...I look in the mirror and think "I'm not that fat" but then I see a picture (or some one informs me) and I realize YES I am that fat.
I can't really believe this happened to me, but at the same time I can definately see how this happened. I not only eat everything I want, but I eat a lot of it. Maybe this will be the big drive that gets me to change my eating habits and keep them changed. I was on a "diet" in high school that kept my weight balanced a it was more of a way to live than a diet, but when I got pregnant I thought it was free reign and I never really got it back under control. So here I am wallowing in my fat and depression feeling sorry for myself when I have so much to be thankful for. Doesn't it just feel good to feel bad for yourself sometimes? I just want to have my pitty party, have everyone jump in and tell me how hard it is, and then move on (to a new thinner me).
Well those are my feelings today...hope I didn't put anyone else into a fat day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, first of all, you are absolutely beautiful and I love you. Secondly, losing weight after babies is more difficult than before( at least in my experience) I have my own pounds to shed so I can say let's do it to be healthy and not necessarily to look like we did in high school or college.

keri said...

hey sara...we all have days like this. i lost 10 lbs last fall on weight watchers and have already gained it back. self-control is such a weakness for me. and sam is right, you are beautiful!!! glad you are blogging here now....and we can keep up this way!

Anonymous said...

Sara, you are beautiful. Your heart pours through your eyes and smile. We see it in you and hear it in your laugh. If you want to lose weight, get to it. You can do it. It is possible. I have been up and down with each kido. I agree with Sam, do it so you can run up Stone Mountain with your kids and not sit at the bottom.
Nic

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I have found a community of girls that are so sweet and loving. To have friends that care for your well being and love you despite yourself is a true gift from the Lord. Thank you God and Thank you friends.

Michelle said...

OH my...some people are just silly! I can't believe someone would say that...apparently someone with a "large personality". Geez...(can you tell that just pushed my button???)

Anonymous said...

Sara - you know I think you're a hottie!
Tiina

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»