Thursday, July 20, 2006

Joy in the Lord

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Joy in the Lord Current mood: grateful Category: Blogging

Some times the Lord just grips me and I want to cry...This afternoon in the car on the way home I was listening to a song and it was truly a time of worship. The words were mine and the feeling was pure. As a woman I want to feel the Lord instead of surviving on faith alone; I know my Father knows my heart and knows that when my faith is low I need to feel him near me.
I was so overcome I wanted to call someone and share, but then I felt discouraged about who to call when you feel that way. Who do I share that joy with? The people I talk to on a daily basis don't know the Lord and I don't want to be a braggart to my christian friends. I felt like I was alone in this joy from God.
Maybe the Lord wanted me to enjoy this with Him alone, and realize that He is the only one that can completely love, fulfill, and enjoy me.
As I ask the Lord to grow me in grace and put His spirit in my heart I know that He will, and I must wait on his timing. God has begun a work in me and will not leave it unfinished; that is so thrilling to my heart.
My prayer is to know, experience, believe and love the Lord with all of my being. I know this prayer will be answered for the Lord loves me and gave His only son to cleanse me of my sin.
Amen

No comments: