Here's my online potluck. I love this recipe for when I forgot to defrost something and don't really want to cook.
Tastes like chili. Tip, I always use the cornbread mix that comes in a bag and you add milk and an egg.
1-med. onion-chopped
1-bell pepper-chopped
1-can red kidney beans-drained and rinsed
1-jalapeno pepper-chopped
1-cup frozen corn kernels
1-tbsp brown sugar
1-tbsp garlic powder
1-tsp dried oregano
1-tsp ground cumin
2-tbsp hot sauce
1-jar/cup taco sauce
1-cup sharp cheddar cheese
1-box cornbread mix
fresh cilantro (optional, I never use it)
Okay-
Mix everything together except the cheese, cornbread mix and cilantro. Cover and cook on low in the crock pot for 3 to 4 hours.
Prepare cornbread batter, sprinkle cheese over top of bean mixture, pour batter over the top and cook for 30 minutes on high or until cornbread is cooked through.
I love this recipe because it doesn't take 10 hours and the cornbread cooks right on top so you have the whole meal right there, plus it's super good.
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I tried your recipe last night. I just added a little ground beef (John is very sad over meatless meals). We loved it. I will be using it again.
Claire
Post a Comment