Saturday, November 04, 2006

Vince Gill Concert 2006--Angry Vince


Friday November 3rd Andy and I went to see Vince Gill at the Gwinnett Arena. We got there at 7:45 and got settled down when the lady came out to announce that Vince was on his way out.
There was no opening act, which is a okay for me, and he jumped right in with an old song. He played a little bit of his old stuff and then talked about the new C.D. he has out...it has 4 C.D.'s with a total of 43 songs and he wants to play some for us. He was joking around some and the songs were alright, even though no one knew them, and then he starts talking about some lady that is calling out I love you after every song. He says "are you gonna do that every time?" and He says "I love you too baby".
Then watch out after the next song he says you are starting to "p... me off" it was crazy we thought he was kidding at first, but no dude was angry.
After the next song he said he was just trying to put one foot in front of the other and turn the other cheek. After the next song he said he had money in her pocket and he would pay her to leave. Then he asked the people sitting next to her to tell her to shut up.
He then proceeded to have some tirade with colorful language...and then a guy yells out I love you and he says I love you too sir. Then he says "here's a good idea, p... off the performer so we can end the show early and y'all can go home and watch CNN." After that he sang two song back to back and went for intermission.
When he came back he said he had 4 margarittas and was feeling much better and the show came back around and was pretty fun. It was just a real turn off to hear him fighting with his fans and having a temper tantrum during the concert.
Some of the best quotes from the experience were
Melissa "he played this really long guitar solo when we saw him...I'm sure it's still going on somewhere"
And it was, at our concert where he enjoyed an INTENSELY long period with himself and his guitar.
and Andy-when he announced intermission "Maybe he needs to go take a Vicadin"
So all in all with the exception of Vince the concert was great. Plus I got to go to the Loafing Leprachaun Irish Pub I've been wanting to go to and the food was phenominal. I had crab encrusted grouper with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. I will be going back-for dinner.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I tried to warn you - but at least you got a date night with your hubby and some funny memories. Vince wasn't angry when we saw him, but he was rather full of himself - hence the guitar solo that never ended (and that was before he was a known Adulterer).

Michelle said...

What a shame. I had always liked him (before Amy, that is)...now, not so much! Glad to see you posting.

Robyn said...

I am so sorry he was such a pill. Marty and I saw him about 6 years ago and I don't remember him being too high on himself back then. JoDee Messina was opening up for him and I just love her. Glad you had good food and good company though.