

Pronounced ribbon without the r. Feeling a bit better today and thought I would post about my pony he always makes me feel better.
So his name is Grande Ibn Bask- translate Ibn-first son, Grande- grand, Bask-blood line soooo
first grandson of Bask. Bask was a famous endurance race horse back in the day.
Ibn was 14.2 hands tall, about 1,000 pounds, his color was bay (brown) with a black mane, three white socks, a star and a nip on his nose.
I am not an endurance rider though and Ibn was not trained for that. I am a hunter jumper and that is what Ibn is. I got him when I was nine years old, he was also nine, and kept him until I was 21. When Tyler was born it was too expensive to keep them both, and after much deliberation Tyler stayed, still not sure about that one.
Ibn lives in Conyers now with the people we bought him from 16 years ago. I don't call or visit because in my mind he will always be happy and healthy and alive. Praise to the delusions I live in!


4 comments:
Why do you think I have two fat photo albums of my first baby? Once a mommy, always a mommy! Even though she's gone, she's all over my house and my computer! Mason and I were watching little video clips I took of him as a baby and there she was - in all her bulldog glory - giant tears! Love your pony!
Glad you're feeling a little better today. And it was fun to hear about Mr. Ibn-thanks for sharing another part of yourself!
Enjoy the beautiful weekend ahead!
aw...your mr. ibn is purty...fun to see you with him and hear about another part of your life.
Sara, i'm so sorry you had to give him away! Are we still going to go riding together one day?! You can show me all of your horsey talent!
Post a Comment