
We meet; I was set to attend Georgia Tech and Andy was hanging around Perimeter College after a year of joint enrollment. The therapist that gave me my wondrous freedom when she told my parents I needed to live on my own also crashed my plans when she said Tech was too stressful for me then. So I went down to Georgia State and really wasn't feeling the campus too much...so to sum it up I went to Georgia perimeter, they looked at my SAT scores, grades and accepted me two days before classes started.
The first day we met in Dr. Crane’s political science class Andy asked me if I used the links at the bottom of the page, I said yes, he said oh. We followed that up in the next class with him stating that ignorance is bliss, my response knowledge is power. We also exchanged numbers for the sake of study buddies (it was required by our professor.
As time passed we started talking and competing to see who could get the highest grade on our exams (we split it pretty evenly, but I think I had to study harder). We would spend hours out in the parking lot talking and on the phone.
According to Andy our first date was the Home Show with his brother and sister-in-law. For those of you on the up and up let me say that this is not a hot date and in my mind not a date at all; I thought we were just hanging out as friends. The next “date” was the MALTA meeting and he was acting very strange. He put his arm around me and I was like…um dude why are you touching me…we’re buds right. We discussed it that night and Andy’s description was “obviously there is a mutual attraction here” I was like what are you talking about??? I guess he was right though???
A little bit after that we started dating. I was 18 and he had turned 19 a couple weeks earlier.

We got engaged in March of 2002 and were married June 14, 2002. We were married at the Simpson wood United Methodist Church Chapel on a Friday night at 7:00. Our reception was 45 minutes away at the Founders Club in Roswell. We celebrated our honey moon at Disney World and then drove to Tybee Island for 5 days to visit our friends.
Six weeks later, consequently, the day Andy started his new job we conceived Tyler…And so life begins.



4 comments:
Ya'll are just too cute! I love "how we met" stories.
What a great story. I also love hearing how we met stories. Thanks for posting it.
you two are cuties. fun to hear your story!!
He is dreamy, Sara, thanks for sharing your story! Love you!
Post a Comment