Tuesday, October 03, 2006

a little stressed out


So I thought everything was going along alright, I was in a little funk but my "friend" is visiting so I figured that's all it was.

Low and behold I take a nap this afternoon with the boys and wake up to the sound of the garage door...and I don't move. In fact I try to go back to sleep. I'm not really motivated by the fact that my DH is home and I haven't made dinner, straightened up or gotten the kids moving. He comes up stairs and all I can manage to say is that the toilet is clogged-and I had nothing to do with it.

He gets into bed and wants to know what's up...He sounds like he's in a bad mood and I don't want to talk with him about it. I figured out something was wrong this afternoon while I was waiting for Tyler to get out of therapy and had been chewing on it for a couple of hours.

All the signs are there...Tired, shopping, restless, can't sleep at night...Why does it always take so long for me to figure it out? I guess I have slipped again, I get overwhelmed and stressed out and I don't even see it coming. There isn't too much going on until it all hits the fan. When things are going along normally I don't have enough time to dwell on things so I'm happy, but as soon as something goes wrong I'm overwhelmed.

Andy feels neglected and a bitter that I haven't gotten things done around the house and I feel bad about that; plus I am still coping with some issues from my past that seem to come up around this time of year. I know it will pass, it's just hard when you're in the thick of it. Hopefully now that I have finally identified the issue I will get past it quickly. Until then watch out because I hear that I've been a bit "ticky" oh yeah and a "Bad Donkey" .

4 comments:

keri said...

SARA....the bad "donkey" comment was all in the name of fun, joking and LOVE for my dear, sweet, fun, sassy, honest little sara bare. that's why i even said something to you after bible study to make sure you knew i was kidding. you know that right??

sounds like you are experiencing some lows right now...i hope you see Jesus in this valley as you struggle through it. i pray you know his love for you like kim talked about the other nite. love you sara.

Michelle said...

(((hugs))) I will say a prayer for you (yep, just for you...that the darkness will lift soon). Hope you are feeling better soon!

Robyn said...

I am so sorry you are going through some tough times. I know you are surrounded by wonderful people and let them help you through this. Hey if nothing else works, maybe a trip to Nashville is in order.

Melissa said...

Don't you love the cycle - and isn't it great to see that it goes so far back - love seeing the Israelites struggle in our bible study and realize that we go through the same cycle - though sometimes they make it generations - I usually can't make it a day!