Monday, May 21, 2007

say what?


Okay-I bought this book off of amazon, received it, read it and came to the realization that I'm slow. Not only did I take a pen to the book so that I could read each paragraph 6 times then rephrase it, I also put it down and came back to it 3 different times-same ending-I'm slow.
I have Sproul's study bible, because I was horrendously jealous of a friend, and I can read the notes with out any aids pen or dictionary...so naturally I thought I could read a book he had written. I was very wrong. I had one friend describe his work as "lofty". Frankly that's not the word I would choose but I digress.
I asked a couple of friends about it and haven't found one that has read or attempted to read it yet, but I'm on the search-for a cliff notes version via their mouth as soon as I find one. While discussing the dreaded book I had a genius idea, as much of a genius idea as a slow person can have, that some one at the church should teach a study/class on reformed theology...we could call it...RTF for reformed theology foundations! yes it is genius...I can even think of a time, place and teacher... Wednesday nights, ELCC-couches, Lorrie who is with me? Shall we start a petition? We shall rise up and learn!

3 comments:

keri said...

you definitely picked a difficult author! but i give you props for trying!! i'm with you on your RTF class idea!! tell me when and where!

Melissa said...

A summer study, perhaps? That's what Kim is always suggesting! We'll have to find out what kind of bribe Lorrie would take!!

Lorrie said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Melissa! (She e-mailed me to let me know that I was being "blogged about." Doesn't sound very nice.) I love the name for the study. "RTF, mate?" sorry....hanging out with too many college students.

I miss you girls!