Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Favorite Songs

Sorry if you missed the last post...she has come and gone and there is new music to take the place. People are always talking about their favorite movies and I don't really have one...I think it might be the outworkings of ADD, but movies are just too long for me. I'm more of a song person. They take me back to another time like nothing else and I love music. Unfortunately dinner is cooking so I will be able to start and possibly not finish...here goes
and they are in a particular order
1. Hey Cinderella-Suzy Bogus
2. I'll stand by you-The Pretenders (who I saw in concert a few weeks ago and they didn't play)
3. Are you strong enough to be my man- Sheryl Crow
4. Freshman-The Verve Pipe
5.Suds in the Bucket- Sara Evans
6. Building a Mystery- Sarah Mclachlan
7. Push- Matchbox 20
8. Standing outside the Fire -Garth Brooks
9. Lonesome Dove -Garth Brooks
10.That Summer-Garth Brooks
11. Strawberry Wine- Deena Carter
12.Like a prayer-Madonna
13. I'll Remember-Madonna
14. I will remember you-Sarah Mclachlan
15.Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
16 Amazed-Lonestar
17.Walking in Memphis- Mark Cohen
18 She Will be Loved- Maroon 5
19. Independence-Martina McBride
20. Ain't No Mountain High Enough- Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrel
21. He thinks he'll keep her- mary Chapin Carpenter
22. Sister-Nixons
23. Let that Pony Ride- Pam Tillis
24. Opposites Attract- Paula Abdul
25. Once Bitten, Twice Shy- Great White
26. Fancy-Reba McEntire
27. Addicted to Love-Robert Palmer
26. No Place That Far-Sara Evans and Vince Gill
27. Smooth-Santana-this should be like number 3
Well after the first 10 they pretty much lost their order, and now I have to put dinner on the table...but i think I can make it to 100! Plus...I have these songs so if you are interested I could be persuaded to make a CD.

6 comments:

keri said...

i like how you have paula abdul, poison and reba mcintire all in a row. quite the combination!!

Anonymous said...

I love your list of different artist. Sounds like Robyn's mix on her ipod. But.. "once bitten twice shy" is by Great White not poison. But it is still a great song. Sorry for being the music police to bust you, just doin' my job!!

Melissa said...

Fun, fun, fun! Like Keri, I like the diversity! And I like that you've kept your old favorites! It's fun to see LOTS of the same stuff that I like (No Place That Far).

Anonymous said...

Ya know Marty...I thought it was Great White, but it was downloaded under poison. I will have to go in and fix it!

Robyn said...

We have the same taste in music I see. I knew I liked you. Sorry about my husband though, once a DJ, always a DJ.

Lisa said...

I'm impressed you could think of that many songs you like on the spot! Thanks for sharing-it was fun to read what you like!