Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pray With Me Mommy


I've had a recurrent prayer for my children over the last year; I want them to grow up hearing about the Lord and not become adults they say they went to church but never talked about God. We take them to church and Sunday school and they attend a christian preschool, but I know they need to hear the word at home and see our love for the Lord. I have been praying that God would give me the desire and words to pray and talk with my children. This evening I was praying about it again as Andy was putting the kids to bed and I was cleaning up from dinner. I had been hoping Andy would pray with them and read them Bible stories before bed; and I realized I was hoping that he would because I didn't want to. So again I started praying for God to work in my heart. Ten minutes later I walked Jackson back to bed and Andy was closing Tyler's door when I heard him say "Mommy pray". I went in and prayed with him and God gave me all the words I needed as well as the desire when I heard my little boy ask me to come and pray with him.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, that is so precious. It's amazing to see the Lord at work in the heart of a child. We have gotten in a routine with Abigail of telling her a story at night before she goes to sleep, usually about something that happened to us as children, and then we pray. It's been neat to see her request that we pray for certain people. We've seen her praying on her own sometimes throughout the day. Her prayers are usually, "Thank you God for Mommy and Daddy and for play-dough." Actually play-dough usually comes before Mommy and Daddy. : )
It reminds me that the Lord calls us to come to Him as little children.
Love you Sara!