Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Grand Marnier Souffle















Word of advice...Never tell
  • Keri

  • what you are cooking, she will put a curse on it with these words "well I hope it's good"

    Now I will say that perhaps if I had looked over the recipe I would have realized that a dessert souffle was really nothing more than flavored meringue...but that's beside the point.

  • Keri
  • called me while I was in the liquor store and when I called her back I told her I was buying some Grand Marnier to make a souffle (I'm not sure she believed me), and the stuff costs like 20 dollars a bottle not to mention I had to buy ramkins to cook it in.

    About a week later, after being quized by Rusty about whether or not my alcoholic dessert was any good, I made the souffles. I am proud that they turned out looking exactly like they did in the picture, and Tyler said it's good when he licked the powdered sugar off the top. He had different things to say once he had a bite.

    I did eat mine even though it tasted like a liquored up marshmellow, Andy took a bite of his and Jack tried a little too. Needless to say I won't be making the creation again so you all can watch out for a bottle of Grand Marnier to show up in your stocking this Christmas.

    2 comments:

    keri said...

    you're gonna blame your cooking disaster on ME??!! how dare you. well i do think they look pretty. and if i had spent $20 on liquor to put in those desserts...dog-gone it i would have eaten it.
    we'd be happy to take the grand marnier...i'm sure i could come up with a fun way to use it! :)

    Melissa said...

    The pictures do look like they came out of a cookout! Way to go Martha!