No pictures yet-just add camera drama to the list of vacation drama we encountered.
This was our first time using Spirit airlines, our first time taking a flight that wasn't non-stop and the last time we will ever do it again.
Upon our arrival we were charged 20 dollars per bag at check-in-apparently 10 if you do it online ahead of time. Then once we are on the plane-an hour late-we are informed we will be stopping in Orlando before we go on to Ft. Lauderdale. We wait an hour from the time we get on the plane to the time we start to take off, now we only have one hour to swap planes in Ft. L., but that should be enough-oh no not when you sit in Orlando for another hour. Flight attendants assure all of us that the flight to Mexico will wait for us-well no, it doesn't. AND since it was because of air traffic control that our flight was delayed that's not their fault. "I'm sorry Ma'am. It's not your fault, and it's not our fault. There's nothing we can do. We will reschedule on the first flight out tomorrow."
I'm sorry if it's not my fault why am I paying for the hotel and dinner and breakfast? We had two pairs of honeymooners with us and the brides were in tears-one of them wasn't getting a flight our until the next day at 2:30. We had a 10:30 flight out and our great hotel said they wouldn't charge us a no show fee-isn't that nice of them? You wouldn't think it would take that long to sort all this out-you'd be wrong. Something like this takes about 5 hours to sort out. That's how long it takes to rebook 15 people-5 hours.
So we stayed at a VERY sketch hotel with a bar next door that was just as sketch-a few shots later and it was all very tolerable. We got to Cancun at 1 on Monday, lost a day of our trip but were ready to keep rolling. But apparently I left my medicine in Ft. L. so I threw up everyday for the rest of the trip and three times on the plane home. I am going to need a good long vacation from airplanes and vacation! AND my tan is pretty weak to boot!
On the bright side I realized how much I love my family, I missed my hubby and kids soooo much and am really glad to be home with my boys and my bed. I will post some pictures once I get the camera to cooperate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WOW! I guess I will not complain about not going on vacations!!!:(
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry for the customer no-service you received at the airport - I think we need to get Clark on the horn for this one! And I know what's it's like to forget your medicine - my poor Sara!
I'm so glad you're back! I'm finally motivated enough to go to the gym :)
Post a Comment