I started to feel a lot of pressure around 11 am, but the nurse said we weren't quite ready to push, but she called my OB to come to the hospital. By 11:45 I wasn't sure I could wait any longer for the doctor and my epidural had completely run out. The nurse said my doctor would be there any minute and that it was too late to run a second epidural. Dr. Anderson arrived and I pushed, uncomfortably, for ten minutes and voila Cole arrived.
He had already had his meconium stool, prebirth, so the pediatric team had to suck his lungs out before I could have him. They got him all cleaned out and handed him to Andy while I was being cleaned up, then I got my turn with my newest boy.
He was grunting on and off so the baby nurse decided he needed to go to transitional care. We had a bad experience with Jackson and transitional care so we had a supervisor come down to speak with us and work out the details of him going to the transitional nursery. The doctors agreed that we could go into transitional care to see him and that we would be consulted before and tests were run or any formula was given. About 14 hours later he was returned to us in our hospital room, 3 am on Tuesday. It was a wonderful moment to have the nurse wake me up and give me my baby.
Cole has done wonderfully since we all came home Wednesday night, he eats well and sleeps well, for a new born, and we are all really enjoying him.
Cole has done wonderfully since we all came home Wednesday night, he eats well and sleeps well, for a new born, and we are all really enjoying him.


1 comment:
YEA YEA YEA - we love the Bare's!
Post a Comment