Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Am I dead yet?

This cold has been AWFUL and the whole house has it! I really don't understand how there can be two parents, both sick and yet still only Mommy can take care of everyone...I will have to ponder that more later.

I have been in the bed reading blogs and I read through two by girls who are pregnant with their first children...Man am I glad that I will NEVER have to do that again.

Things I hate about first pregnancies...
1. Not knowing what is going to happen
2. Going to birthing classes that are a total waste of money, but going b/c that's what you do and you think it will fix problem 1.
3. Feeling bad about not having done the hospital tour by the 35 week-which was also a waste of time since my Dr only delivered at one hospital-what difference did it make
4. Not having a pediatrician by some ridiculously early date like 20 weeks-I was constantly asked about finding a pediatrician and if I had toured different ones...What am I going to be able to tell by touring a Dr's office? They are all going to be nice and tell you their great...I still felt guilty though.

What I learned:
1. I would always deliver a first baby at Northside b/c Children's is across the street in case anything goes wrong-after that one it's all about amenities baby-free parking!
2. Birthing class stank and I'm glad I dropped out
3. Babies bounce
4. Northside is really hyper about babies that aren't completely perfect-to a fault.
5. Don't take the baby out even if you feel good-they still aren't ready-cold season friends!
6. Your crazy if you think you will have any desire to go back to work after 6 weeks. (period)
7. You MUST breast feed-yes must. No dumb juice for the baby. And yes you can do it, just keep trying.

Now all the mommies to be will think I'm a crazy guilt ridden nut that keeps the baby on the boob-they're probably right...Except about the dumb juice-no formula it breaks the bank at the very least :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We've all had the colds too. Not fun when both parents are sick at the same time. I'm with you there. Mommies just can't get sick-we're needed too much!

Robyn said...

YUCK!! I hope the sickies leave your house soon.

Anonymous said...

unbelievable