Saturday, March 31, 2007

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"


So Says my friend Jen.

She was having a bad day so I went over to take her out and visit some; we had a really good time at michaels and then Sams club and the some coffee from Krispie Creme. I dropped her off at home and helped get the groceries and child in; we said our goodbyes and I got in the car. Once in the car I realized Jen had forgotten her drink so I hopped out and ran over to her door and Knocked. When I turned around it was to see my car WITH my baby in the back seat rolling out of her driveway. I started running after it and while doing so I am envisioning my baby and car rolling through her neighbors house. Instead it hit the mail truck parked in the neighbors driveway and that slowed it enough for me to get in and put it in park.

Apparently in my haste to jump out of the car I never took it out of reverse. I'm still not sure how that happened since the car typically starts moving the second you remove your foot from the brake-and since I didn't get hit by the door I guess it didn't start moving immediately.

So everyone is fine with the exception of my car and pocket book. And my patience since it took from about 1:15-3:00 for the whole thing to be said and done-don't count on the police to make it in time if some one is hurt-just go ahead and start making funeral arrangements.

My case should be available next week so I can pay the ticket I will surely get and turn it into my insurance company and get my car fixed.

By the way---want to see Gods providence? The mail truck stopped my car from going through the garage of a lady with a week and a half old baby.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! So glad you and Jackson are okay, but what a story! Please remind me never to have you over to cheer me up (just kidding)! No one cheers me like SB!

Lainey Bug and John Stanley III said...

I read that with my hand covering my wide-opened mouth! That is crazy, Sara! You are never boring, are you ;) Thankful that you are all ok...
Deborah

keri said...

WOW WOW (as evan would say)...how crazy that all that happened! and i'm so thankful that mail truck was there to stop your car. glad little jackson man is ok.

Dani said...

Oh Sarah!!! That is scarry. So glad you and everyone else is ok. Was it scarry to tell Andy?... That is the worst part of my stupid mistakes to me. I HATE TO TELL CHRIS!