Well finally I am going to be able to approach keeping up with my friend Keri www.myeleven.blogspot.com and all her vacations. In March I am going on the Women's Retreat the first weekend woo hoo! The 17th we are going down to Savannah to stay with some friends and celebrate St. Patricks Day more woo hoo and green beer! Lastly in April I am going to the Dominican Republic with my best friend since 2nd grade for 4 nights woo hoo free drinks! I am so excited about all my mini vacations.
The women's retreat last year was so much fun and I was really sick, plus lost my voice and still had a blast. I think this year will be even better with getting to hear a wonderful woman from our church speak. My mom is also coming this time and I know it is going to be a great opportunity for the Lord to work in her heart and for her to be with a group of fun christian women.
I am also through the roof about going to see our friends in Savannah. They technically live on Tybee Island, but we will be spending out time in Savannah. When my DH and I first started dating we went down there to stay with our friends parents and had a blast. Then we went back and stayed with them for part of our honeymoon, and then were back about two years ago for our friends wedding. After the wedding they moved from Dunwoody to Tybee and we haven't been able to get down to see them yet so I can't wait. The friend is actually DH's best friend from high school and was his best man in our wedding. On top of it all a big part of why we are married. With all the family drama DH was having it was this friend that said "what do you think? What do you feel? Ignore your family, if you love her be with her and marry her." You can see why I love this guy. His wife is great too, they started dating a year after DH and I, but didn't get married until three years after us...one long engagement (three years).
Lastly my trip to Punta Cana in April. My friend (I call her shady, a nick name from elementary school) and I go on a trip every year to some place that doesn't totally break the piggy bank without any husbands or boyfriends, and it's wonderful. I never thought I would be one of those people who traveled without their husband, but I'm telling you it is the only way to go. For one it costs half as much! Also, I have no expectations on me or on him. No fighting with him over why he won't go get me a drink or if I have had too much to drink-which never happens, hello it's all inclusice that stuff is 90% water. All I do is get up eat, lay on the beach, read, eat, drink, repeat for 4 days. It is glorious. I don't have to worry about what he wants or needs what the kids want or need just what I want or need for four days. Shady is great too since she doesn't make me feel like I need to entertain her or go out to clubs, she's just fine going by herself while I eat or read. So I am in for a seriously good time over the next two months, and I know I will need help to crawls out of my depression after all my fun is over and I have to return to regular life for the next ten months!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow - you will be rivaling Keri with all your travels - very jealous! Get Andy on the cruise plan and we can all go together - he can lay around on a boat as easy as he can home!
Sounds like lots of fun. Maybe when you get back you'll feel energized and refreshed rather than depressed!
I am so jealous. I am itching to go somewhere, anywhere. I am so excited for you though and I know you will have a blast.
so maybe you should spread out your trips a little more...huh huh huh? 3 trips within 2 months is hard to beat ms. bare, even coming from me. although i will be going on 3 trips in the next couple months too! ha. i just thought about that.
ANYWAY, very happy for your getaways....especially the one with shady. great times!!!
Post a Comment